Juice & Smoothies
- Regulators, Mount Up! This green juice is the definition of balance. Get right with this juice of kale, spinach, romaine, cucumber, celery, lemon & apple.
- NORTH WOODS
- As you drink this juice, close your eyes and imagine yourself in the midst of the Maine North Woods, home of some of the oldest, wildest and most pristine forests and rivers in the Northeast. This vitamin-packed green juice (containing spinach, cabbage, parsley, carrot and more – our most veggie packed juice on the menu) can be served straight-up or on the rocks – but unlike the real North Woods, we can promise it contains no black flies.
- EMERGE & SEE
- Kickstart your day with vitamin C, cayenne, apple and ginger. This hydrating tonic will awaken all the sleepy parts of your system.
- RAISE YOUR GPA
- Get clear and focused with this mind-easing juice that’s filled with immune-building ginger, antioxidant-full arugula and apples. With the consistency of a smoothie this juice will fill you up, while helping to stimulate your blood flow, liver & digestion.dd>
- TURNIP THE BEET
- Turn up the beat of your heart with this blood pumping, delightful turnip, beet, cranberry, lemon & lime juice. This juice will keep you pumping up the volume and dancing all afternoon.
- COOL HAND LUKE
- Cucumber, apple, celery, chard & mint make up Roost’s ode to all the Cool Hand Luke’s out there. A “natural-born world-shaker,” this juice is light, refreshing, and of course, cool (just like our friend Luke, actually, who inspired this cool concoction). It’ll leave you “grinning like a baby…”
(These juices are our versions on cocktails.)
- RED RUSSIAN
- Decidedly a staff favorite, this “cocktail” has a history as rich as its Russian kale. (Ask a Roost staff member for some history on Russian kale!) The amalgamation of kale with cranberry, lemon and URBAN FARM FERMENTORY‘s Ginger Bootch will knock your socks off.
*Add Prosecco for 3.50 more.
- Liberate your power! This fancy juice is full of whole-body goodness. The beets will purify your blood, the blueberries (sacred to our state of Maine) will help you improve your memory and, well, we all know what an apple a day does. Enjoy the Shaktini served straight-up and shaken, not stirred.
- Our version of a margarita, skip the tequila, add arugula. This well-know superfood also happens to be a natural aphrodisiac and is combined with fennel and the sweet vitamin C of oranges. Choose blended or on the rocks, and Maine sea salt the rim if you like.
- GREEN SMOOTHIE
- Get your greens, get your fruits & get your groove back with the newest, coolest, most amazingly brilliant way to “strive for 5.”
*Green smoothie ingredients are subject to change based on our Maine farmers’ produce availability.
- AB & J
- Our “Almond Butter & Jelly” boasts homemade almond butter as a heart-healthy fat, and we’ve upped the protein ante by combining it with the calcium of tahini and the essential Omega-3s of flax – finishing it with the sweetness of maple syrup.Currently we use blueberries as the “jelly” in this shake to help you reach super star status.
- CARROT CAKE
- Our rich and delicious “carrot cake batter” provides high vitamin and mineral content & the carrot juice base will fortify you with the protective, healthful benefits of carrot juice while offering a surplus of beta-carotene.
- COCONUT BUTTER CUP
- Seriously, this is insanely good. If you like a Reese’s peanut butter cup – you will LOVE this blend of coconut & cacao butter mixed with Brazil nut milk ice cubes, dates, vanilla and both walnut & almond butter. If you don’t like it, hand it back to any one of our staff member’s and we’ll take it off your hands
- HANNAH BANANA
- We designed this smoothie for our friend Hannah and others like her–vegetarian athletes who need plenty of extra fuel. But with the delicious combination of bananas, walnuts, raisins, hemp seeds, nut milk and vanilla…you don’t have to be an endurance athlete to crave this amazing, drinkable version of banana bread.
- SUPERFOOD SMOOTHIE
- Enjoy the richness of kale, blueberries, cashews, cacao, nut butter, banana and vanilla.
Food & Other Treats
*A majority of our plate offerings are made with nuts. Please let us know if you have any allergies!
Breakfast (served all day)
- Our house-made fruit & nut granola is made fresh in our Excalibur dehydrator. We serve it with your choice of house-made almond or hemp-seed milk.
- Roost granola layered with seasonal, organic fruit and house-made whipped cashew cream.
- ORGANIC FRUIT SALAD
- Specific fruits vary weekly as ingredients are based on seasonal availability.
- SAVORY SPREAD PLATE
- Dairy-free cashew ricotta, almond-sunseed OR our walnut-cumin spread served with fresh, raw, organic vegetables and house-made savory crackers.
- SWEET SPREAD PLATE
- Whipped cashew cream served with fresh, organic fruit and house-made sweet crackers.
- ANTS ON A LOG
- A classic childhood favorite- local, organic celery topped with house-made almond butter and organic raisins.
- COLLARD WRAP
- Leafy collard greens filled with your choice of spread and lots of local, organic veggies. Wraps are served on their own, but you can also add a side salad and savory crackers.
- NORI ROLL
- Our house-made Nori Roll includes almond-sun seed spread and a seasonal variety of organic, marinated vegetables. The roll can be served alone or with your choice of a house salad and savory crackers.
- RAW FALAFEL SALAD
- Two falafels (made in our dehydrator with pulp from our juices) on top of romaine leaves, mixed greens and finished with shredded carrots & a house-made tahini dressing.
- GRAIN BOWL
- Hot gluten-free grains on top of organic kale and finished with raw, organic veggies.
- CHOCOLATE COCONUT MACAROONS
- Best. Thing. Ever. Try them and find out for yourself.
- Roost’s version of the “bliss balls” well-known in the raw food world. Currently offering Coconut-Carob-Almond, Maca Cookie Dough & Cashew-Cayenne.
- *(NV) Il Colle PROSECCO Brut (Veneto, Italy)
- Made with 100% estate-grown grapes from the Conegliano hills, this Prosecco smells like a sunshiny day in the piazza. With fresh fruit in the front, it has a dry, elegant finish and pairs well with salads and clean foods.
- *2010 Anne De Joyeuse Camas CHARDONNAY (AOC Limoux, France)
- With a bright golden appearance and a joyfully floral nose, this French Chardonnay offers flavors of candied grapefruit and cake batter. You imagine the summer’s ocean breeze as you finish each salinic sip.
- ***2010 Lo Brujo MACABEO (Calatayud, Spain)
- This Macabeo, sometimes known as Viura grows where no wine could grow before. Lo Brujo- which translates to “wizard” – is lemon-zesty and is believed to be grown by magical wizards because of its hot, arid climate. These wizards impart stone and green apple on the nose. While it finishes quite clean it also leaves a slight minerality that tingles your tongue.
- ** 2008 Bliss ZINFANDEL (Mendocino, California)
- Silky and smooth, our Bliss Zinfandel highlights bright, black currant on the nose and follows with the warming sensation of cooked beets. It fills your mouth with energetic raspberry flavors followed by a peppery finish.
- *2007 Cave St. Desirat SYRAH (Northern Rhone, France)
- If you like your wine big, stinky, dirty and funky (like co-owner Kathleen, this is her personal fave) this one is for you. 100% syrah from the Northern Rhone, this wine has a deeply indulgent nose with promising, vivid qualities and a lush finish making it our edgiest offering. The streamlined tannins make this an unforgettable Syrah.
(*) indicates wines made with organically grown grapes. (**) indicates sustainably-farmed wine. (***) indicates vegan wine.